Saturday, September 29, 2007

Three weeks later

o for those of you who were worried ...I am still alive. I got out from the hospital to days after the surgery and the following week went to Toulouse were I had to fill some forms and wait couple of weeks to get an email account, a cafeteria card and the Internet access (this I still don't`t have it yet, instead I am using the account of my office mate). The bad news is that skype is not working in the network of CNES because they are blocking a lot of stuff. A little remainder of Maich times .... however now is worse.

About the city ..... it has a nice old part (center) with typical houses and narrow streets. All in all it appears to be a nice place although it doesn't have the sea close. There are a lot of students and people having fun until late. However, I have to go out to see more of the night life.

One night I went to Montpelier and I really liked it. It has the Mediterranean life style with lots of people on the street until late and the advantage of the sea close and the better weather. Al so I went to Carcassone to visit the old medieval town. It looks similar with the medieval town of Sighisoara (Romania) that I think is better since it still forms part of the real city. In Carcassone, the old part is inside the fortress and is too arranged for the tourists to spend their money.

What else .... I have started finally to work with some radar images.... and i am not sure i like it. ...

So this should be all for now. Anyway I will be writing more often now since I am on line.

No comments: